Yea!!!!!! First day of Spring … finally!
I always look for the first Robin as an clear indicator that spring is really here but this year Winter was so ‘almost didn’t happen’ that I’m not even looking. Just looking forward to all those spring showers to wash clean the city and encourage the flowers to poke their heads up from under.
As I age, I am really becoming more aware of the seasons and allowing my body to follow the seasons: winter/hibernation; spring/creation & fresh new ideas; summer/celebration & connection to earth; fall/appreciate the colors & get ready to slow down. I actually really love doing life that way and I think that our great-great-grandparents did also – living off the earth and following the seasons.
So how are you going to ‘recognize’, appreciate and celebrate the first day of Spring? I have a few suggestions:
– There’s always a good Spring Cleaning (not my fav but it cetainly does fee great once you’re done)
– Move your body – find an outdoor spot to do a few yoga poses or go for a power walk.
– Spend some time outside
– Create a Spring Festival Luncheon/Dinner Party with your friends/family. Make it a tradition
– Give home-made gifts
– Take a detox bath – use epsom/himalyan salts, candles, incense, essential oils
– Do a meditation that focuses on reconnecting to the fresh spring earth and connection to the Sacral Chakra (the source of creation and birthing new ideas)
So those are some small but very powerful ideas for bringing in the new season, I hope you try something new and have fun with it.